Due to Cento recently securing several prestigious projects, we are pleased to announce that Stuart Shaw and Stuart Bailey have joined our Maintenance and installation department. We wish them success in their new roles.
Our sales and estimating department has recently expanded with the addition of Andrew Norris who comes on board as Sales Director, joining an already busy and successful department, we wish Andrew success in his new role.
Since our last update we have been successful in securing sub contract orders for the installation of permanent facade access equipment at the following locations:
- 60 Holborn Viaduct, London – 13 metre reach BMU and freestanding guard rail edge protection (Balfour Beatty)
- Swiss Centre, London – Monorail to the inside of the double skinned facade (McAleer & Rushe)
- Sea Containers House, London – 4No. BMUs up to 8 metre reach (Chorus)
- 240/241 Blackfriars Road, London – 37 metre reach BMU (Mace)
- 136 York Street, Manchester – 3.1 metre reach BMU and davit arms (Pickard Finlason Partnership)
The first official copy of BS 8560:2012 “Code of practice for the design of buildings incorporating safe work at height” is now available to purchase from the BSI bookshop http://www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/standards/. This document can be used as a guide by all main contractors and architects for the design and specification of safe access and working at height systems. BSI can be contacted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0208 996 9001. For any reproduction of the publication (electronic or hard copy) please contact the BSI licensing department at email@example.com or by calling 0208 996 7070.